I am struggling to understand the conjugation rule to conjugate 뵙다 in present tense, informal style & standard politeness.
Here's what I would expect:
1) 뵙다 (to see) is the honorific verb of 보다.
2) Because it's already an honorific verb we cannot add the respect particle for the subject (으시/시).
3) 뵙다 is an irregular verb because its verb stem ends in ㅂ (비읍). So ㅂ becomes 우 if the ㅂ is in front of a vowel (we don't consider the ㅇ which is a consonant).
- So to conjugate at the honorific politeness level + informal style:
Verb stem + honorific particle + tense + sentence ending.
- We cannot use honorific particle (으시/시) because the verb is already honorific.
뵙 + 어요
ㅂ is in front of a vowel so the verb stem becomes: 뵈우
We add 어요: 뵈우 + 어요 = 뵈워요
Why it is 봬요?
What kind of vowel contraction we use to get the ㅐ?