I recently read an article that employed an interesting type of romanization. Here is an example:

enter image description here

It looks like a mix of RR and Yale that replaces digraphs like eo or ng with IPA-like characters, but I couldn't find this type of romanization listed anywhere. Is this an established system and if so what is it called?

  • 1
    I am sure this 'romanization' is very unusual, and nobody will see it unless they open any academic book or article about Korean. (I guess your 'romanization' is IPA symbols with some nonstandard conventions.) – Hanul Jeon Mar 24 at 9:49

Using 'c' to represent Korean consonant 'ㅈ' is Yale Romanization. For the full Romanization table, please refer to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yale_romanization_of_Korean

For the Romanization of vowel 'ㅓ' and 'ㅡ', I will update my answer shortly.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.