Can somebody help me with the translation of this sentence: 그런데 좀 급하게 보내느라고 모임 장소도 안 쓴 채 보냈어요.

I further do not quite understand the use of ㄴ채 with 쓰다 in this case.

• So the here means to "write". 장소도 안 쓴 = with not have written the place, either ? – Bugsy Mar 8 at 19:20
    Yes, it means without the meeting place written on a letter or whatnot. The person was in a hurry so (s)he forgot to do something. The speaker did not write the meeting place in a paper (s)he just sent. – Coconut Mar 9 at 8:27

As is mentioned in the comments, the translation would come out to be something along the lines of:

I sent the letter without the meeting address on it because of my hurriedness.

The ~느라고 ending on 보내다 tells you that something negative will occur because of the following through of the verb (sending it hurriedly, 급하게 보내느라고).

The ㄴ 채 simply points more to the point that the speaker had not yet written the address the item being sent. 는/ㄴ 채(로) is used to denote that something is in a certain state (in this case, it is the state of not having an address written on it, 모임 장소도 안 쓴 채).

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.