This is from Youtube automatic subtitle, so I'm not sure it's a correct sentence though.

which video is this from and what have you tried in translating it?
    – user17915
    Dec 5 '20 at 14:07
    It's a valid sentence whose expected context is where the speaker is being reproved by someone else and is grumbling.
    – Coconut
    Dec 6 '20 at 15:58
  • "Maybe I can't. You're really blame to me" but in this sentence, "I" can be someone else, not me. because of omitted subject.
    – Manen
    Dec 9 '20 at 2:02

I assume that the situation was something like someone failed to accomplish the mission or made a mistake, and another guy complained about it.

"Not everyone can do that. (or, You can't always succeed.) You're complaining too much."

• So you say that 있지 is a short form for 있지 않다?
    – Bugsy
    Dec 9 '20 at 22:29
  • '-지' here is an ending suffix that gives a certain tone to the sentence (link) Here the negation is expressed by the adverb '못'.
    – hmje
    Dec 10 '20 at 3:30

못할 수도 있지. 되게 뭐라고 하네.

is a correct sentence that's colloquial and friendly sounding.

To break it down:

1. 못할 수도 있지

"못할 수(도) 있지" is a common phrase for saying "It's okay." in English, and that's usually spoken when you forgive(or be generous towards) someone who couldn't carry out his/her work well.

So what it means is kinda like, "It's okay, although at the moment you might have not done something well or even made a mistake."

These are some similar expressions:

• "(잘) (하지) 못할 수(도) 있지"
  • "실수할 수(도) 있지" (Everyone makes mistake.)
  • "그럴 수(도) 있지" (It happens.)

2. 되게 뭐라고 하네

"되게 뭐라고 하네." - This means "You nag too much."

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.