I use Dubeolsik with ibus-hangul with the Gnome desktop environment.

How can I type a single jamos? For example I don't want to type , but I want to type ㅁㅓ.

Right now I am doing it by pressing the first jamo, then pressing any character that is not hangul (by that the jamo is committed as a syllable), then pressing backspace and then pressing the second jamo.

Is there a key or key combination which can be used instead to commit single jamos (and also commit incomplete syllables)?

I haven't tried typing Korean in Linux, but doesn't just pressing the arrow key work? – user17915 Nov 9 '20 at 1:53
  • Splitting 한글 자소 - this happens occasionally when IME gets bugged. If only I knew how to reproduce that I would have answered this question... But in general just pressing right arrow key after typing each character is enough for most people since they rarely get to type single jamos. – Coconut Nov 10 '20 at 14:43
  • @user17915 You answered my question. Thank you. – odzhychko Nov 14 '20 at 17:31
  • I found out that it is also possible to press Ctrl-Space to get the desired behavior. – odzhychko Jan 1 at 22:54

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.