I have a sentence as follow:

연세 여행사에서 저에게 기회를 주시면 열심히 일할 것을 약속 드리겠습니다.

I think "열심히 일할 것을 약속 드리겠습니다" is not correct, because as i know, following 을/를 must be a verb, not a noun like 약속, so the correct sentence must be "열심히 일할 것을 약속해 드리겠습니다.", right?

I think both of them don't use often in Korea. As I am Korean people, many Korean people use “기회를 주신다면 열심히 일하겠습니다”. (if you give me a chance, I will work hard.) In fact, many Korean doesn't say "연세 여행사" in this sentence. I hope you understand this^^

Your original sentence is fine if it is for an email or letter. It might sound a bit too formal for a spoken sentence though.

As for 약속드리겠습니다 versus 약속해 드리겠습니다, I would prefer 약속드리겠습니다. They both mean the same thing, but 약속드리겠습니다 (or 약속드립니다) seems much more common. -을/를 약속드리다 is used idiomatically in formal contexts.

There was a comment about using 귀사 or 귀 여행사 instead of 연세 여행사 but these 귀- expressions are really old-fashioned and formal. I think using the name of the company as you did is more in line with recent trends.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.