Someone wrote "캐존잘" on my Instagram. What does this mean? I have tried multiple sources but can't find anything.

Please include more details: what is the word's context? Which multiple sources have you tried? What didn't you understand about them? – user17915 Sep 2 '19 at 0:25

Regarding comments on someone's face, 캐존잘 is slang praise for his (or sometimes, her) extreme handsomeness. It is just a variant of 개존잘 which consists of 개- and 존잘.

존잘 is an abbreviation including slang: 존나 잘생겼어, 존나 잘생겼음, ... (Slang 존나 reflects the way 좆 나 is pronounced.) Yet, it can also mean 존나 잘함, 존나 잘해, 존나 잘했음, ... (Then 개존잘 or 캐존잘 is praise for someone's awesome skills, performances, or achievements.) Although the prefix, 개-, should be attached to a negative word, some use it to admire a positive quality as well.

• Wow. Growing up in the states with Korean parents, apparently I invented my own headcanon all these years. I thought 존나 was a cutesy slang of 정말 ("really") and 개 was an abbreviated slang of 대개 ("very [bigly]"). – Andrew Cheong Dec 29 '20 at 10:55
    @AndrewCheong Right, they’re rather vulgar (“profane”) words to use. By the way, you probably mean “되게.” There’s no such words like “대게” or “대개” (“very bigly”). – Константин Ван May 17 at 12:04

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.