I wonder if there is any research on how many vocabulary is required for each TOPIK level. It should be something like the following:

• TOPIK 1: 1000 words
  • TOPIK 2: 2500 words
  • TOPIK 3...

And there should be an objective threshold on each level, such as the number of words to cover X% of the entire texts in the past Y years of TOPIK tests.

Is there any such research effort?

• Few years ago they changed the topik format so the old topik 1-2 got merged into topik 1 and everything advanced got merged into topik 2, which should have changed the threshold of words to cover for each topik as well, so I don't think there is any such research effort – user17915 Aug 5 at 0:17
  • Moreover I have heard of plans to further change the topik format by 2022 so there might not be any such research effort in the near future either – user17915 Aug 5 at 0:17
  • They officially provide 2015 vocabulary lists for elementary and intermediate levels not that for each level. Visit here. – Klmo Aug 5 at 1:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.