What does ‘그 모든 길은 널 향한 거야’ mean in English? I saw the pronunciation of it, but the translation from Korean to English sounds off. If anyone knows please let me know. Also, a better way to pronounce it.

• Can you give a bit more context about where you heard this (to help with the specifics of the deeper sense in which it might be meant)?
    – topo morto
    May 1 '19 at 19:47
  • 'All roads lead to you'. What did you get as your translation and what's the context for this?
    – user17915
    May 1 '19 at 22:57
  • Well, I assume it should have been 그 모든 길은 널 향하는 거야. Not a few people are insensitive to the difference between -ㄴ (relative past for a verb; relative present for an adjective) and -는 (relative present for a verb). Literally, the sentence means "All those ways are in the direction of you." For pronunciation, people do not emphasize the ㅎ sound enough although they have to. 널 향한 would sound like [널 향안], [너량안] and [널량안] that are incorrect but common.
    – Klmo
    May 2 '19 at 1:20

Literally, "All roads lead to you". As a metaphor, it would mean something like "It's all about you"; "Everything I do is for you". It would be rare as a spoken sentence. You might find it in a song referring to someone that the singer wants to express their love for.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.