If i combine the individual word meaning, it doesn't feel make sense. Someone said this is a derogatory term but not commonly used these days.

돼먹지 못한 자 and 돼먹지 않은 자 are correct forms. Some people make mistakes when they write 되 and 돼.
    – Klmo
    May 1 '19 at 4:27
  • @klmo Hm, i saw it on a comic and that's how it's written, 되먹지 못한 자
    – Dnl
    May 1 '19 at 4:30
    Maybe the author disregards some rules of grammar. 되먹다 is "to eat again" because 되- means "back, again, on the contrary." You will see not a few Koreans do not care for the difference between 되 and 돼.
    – Klmo
    May 1 '19 at 4:40
  • I see, no wonder it doesn't sounds right when i look at the meaning
    – Dnl
    May 1 '19 at 10:42
  • I think correct form would be 못 되어 (처)-먹었다 or 되어 먹지 못했다 as is an abbreviated of 되어. 이건 저는 되돌려 먹었다보다는 사람이 되지 못했다는 뜻이라고 생각해요. Also I strongly disapprove of that the phrase is not commonly used these days. It's actually one of those most frequently used swears of all time and bad language so people could be shy about this thing. xD
    – Coconut
    May 4 '19 at 7:14

(1)되먹다 : 다시 먹다 eat again

되먹임 (noun) input again

내가 남긴 물을 엄마가 되먹었다. Mother drinks again water which I did not drink completely

(2) 막되다 be rude.

그애는 그렇게 막된 아이는 아니다. He is not rude as much as we think.

(3) 돼먹다 bear nobleness (cf 돼먹지 않다 It is out of standard rules)

그 애는 돼먹지 못한 아이다. He is a child of bad demeanors.

돼먹다 is just a slang word for 되다; it does not relate to 되먹다. Maybe this 되다 means "to be grown up well" implying "to have dignity or something that a normal person has to have." 막돼 먹다 and 못돼 먹다 came from 막되다 and 못되다, respectively.
    – Klmo
    May 1 '19 at 4:22
  • Thank you for your correction. I edited.
    – HK Lee
    May 1 '19 at 5:12

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.