Here it is from 1:20-1:21. link It at least sounds like fortis to me. This part is rapped by a Japanese person (Sakura), but I figure K-Pop has some regulations to make sure they pronounce it at least 90% correct?

• why do you assume that?
    – user17915
    Commented Feb 24, 2019 at 7:26
  • @user17915 added "It at least sounds like that to me." to the description Commented Feb 24, 2019 at 8:03
    I can tell that Sakura has a bit of Japanese accent but her pronunciation is OK. To me, it sounds tteo than deo but it is still acceptable enough to be . It doesn't sound like or .
    – Coconut
    Commented Feb 24, 2019 at 8:54
  • I have just deleted my answer, which mentioned auditory illusions and the environment around the character 더, because two downvoted it without leaving any reasons in the comment section. I hope they post their own answers much better than mine.
    – Klmo
    Commented Oct 24, 2020 at 16:33
  • I think you made a mistake, you wrote "from 1:20-1:21." but I think it's from 2:00 - 2:01. Anyway, I think Sakura sings the 더 correctly. ㄷ can be pronounce [t] or [d] but when the ㄷ is at the beginning of a word is almost always pronounce as a [t] and when the ㄷ is in the middle of a word then it's often pronounce as [d] but it depends if there's a 받침 (final consonant) to the previous syllable and other spelling rules I quite don't remember all. When it's like that the ㄷ is pronounce more like a "t". Commented Jun 17, 2022 at 17:13

1 Answer 1

Her pronunciation is not accurate IMO. I am native Korean but without lyrics in the video clip, I don't even know what she says for "더" part. It's like "우리 서로에게 ?#$#? 끌려" to me. I don't think there is regulation or such a thing but it's just common problem with idol group especially when the group has a foreigner member(s) in it.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.