Here is the audio. The translation I have available for now is this one:

• Do you want that kind of money?
  • Anyone there?
  • There is still a public relations section.
  • Give me special reporting policy!

Thanks in advance!

(unintelligible) "뭐 하는 거야 도대체?" "누구누구..." (unintelligible) "특별 보도 지침 내려." – Coconut Feb 11 at 8:45
  • @Thanks for your help! Could you please provide additional details on the "특별 보도 지침 내려" part? – Baffo rasta Feb 11 at 19:31
    Compared to the two similar previous questions I've answered, this one is quite tough actually. xD I can make a guess but may not be a complete answer. – Coconut Feb 12 at 2:16
    "특별 보도 지침 내려" I'm not sure for that either... unless I see the context and how it really was spoken. "보도지침" might be said when the government starts to control the news/press in case of national emergencies. "지침(을) 내리다" means the person executes that, "내려" instructing others to do so. i.e. "명령을 하달하다": (often used in military) a kind of command is ordered. "특별" before "보도지침" is redundant. I can tell "특별 보도 지침 내려" is something very unlikely to be heard in reality, what's out of movies or so... – Coconut Feb 12 at 2:16
  • Yeah you got the right context actually! – Baffo rasta Feb 12 at 5:54

뭐 하는 거야 도대체? 특별 보도 지침 내려

What do the medias (or the press) do ? Send a special broadcasting-guideline to them.

The government controlled the content of broadcasting so that each press fulfilled but they usually did 8 among 10. Hence "special" may insist that it must be fulfilled. That is, it contains "strong force".

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.