Here is the audio clip. Thanks for your help, I apreciate that.

The translation I currently have is "Think of it as a holiday and mess with the auditors".

형식적인 거니까 휴가라고 생각하고 감사과 애들이랑 놀다 와

"It's just perfunctory. So think of it as a holiday and mess with the auditors." (that's what it literally means besides a little sense of humor put in there)

• "감사과 애들"

"감사과 애들" (the auditors; comptrollers) here is a dishonorable speaking of "감사관"/"감사과의 직원 분".

What auditors would do: 관세청 감사관

• "애들이랑 놀다 와"

"애들이랑 놀다 와" literally "Go play with those kids" is a common phrase in movies. It is said when someone has to go through a tough event (like a business meeting with the auditors) and you tell that person to do so, in a sense comforting that person, kinda like "take it easy". What it means is more closer to "just have fun with them" rather than 'to treat someone bad or in a rude way'. When this is said the two in the conversation must be very close/friendly to each other.

What do you meanhere with "auditor"? That's my biggest doubt! And about "mess with" you mean to make them piss off? – Baffo rasta Feb 5 at 20:04
    @Bafforasta The more direct translation for the “mess with” part (“-이랑 놀다(가)”) would be “have fun with,” which, depending on the context, might be a playful way of saying “to piss someone off.” – Константин Ван Feb 6 at 4:26
  • Okay so I edited my post a bit. I hope this helps... – Coconut Feb 6 at 7:53

형식적인 거니까 휴가라고 생각하고 감사과 애들이랑 놀다 와

This may be a dialogue in some movie. Through this sentence, we can not understand whole situation. But typical example is as follows :

In my thought, it seems to be a periodic or ritual monitoring so that you would visit to the inspection department with a light heart.

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.