Can you please explain if the -론 ending is an old form of -로운 ending?

Is there any difference between 자애론 and 자애로운, 슬기론 and 슬기로운? Generally, what means the verb 롭다?

Where have you seen 자애론 or 슬기론? Except maybe for poems, I can't think of cases where these are used. (Well of course in speech 자애론 and 자애로운 aren't clearly distinguished, but in writing I think it's always 자애로운.)
    – jick
    Aug 4 '18 at 1:12
    Include the sentenced where you saw this ending. There could be many reasons it says 론 depending on the context 자애론 is most likely a typo Aug 4 '18 at 1:26
  • dprktoday.com/main.php?type=201&no=12569 민족의 태양이시며 온 겨레의 자애론 어버이이신 위대한 김일성대원수님께서 우리곁을 떠나신 때로부터 22년이 되였다. And also in aegukka, the national anthem of the DPRK: 슬기론 인민의 이 영광 몸과 맘 다 바쳐 이 조선 길이 받드세 Aug 5 '18 at 19:38
    Hmm, it might be a North Korean specific spelling. As I said, I don't think it's used in South Korea...
    – jick
    Aug 7 '18 at 17:47

론 is only used in north korea it's like north's accent. 로운 is the correct word in South Korean.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.