Is there an equivalent to Dvorak for Korean?

I think it is interesting that I find no frequency maps on Google for the Korean alphabet at least in English that is.

enter image description here

• Korean keyboards separate consonants (on the left) and vowels (on the right). So it is already much more efficients than a QWERTY. I don't know if the consonants and the vowels parts have been optimized like Dvorak though.
    – Taladris
    Jan 7 '17 at 5:22
  • @Taladris although I agree it looks more efficient the qwerty first glance you have to keep in mind when you press shift the most efficient thing would be to be to put the additional keys on the home row but they don't so I don't think it was completely thought through.
    – William
    Jan 7 '17 at 18:46
  • In addition there is the problem that qwerty/english doesn't combine to make different characters like Korean does. It appears they did the most logical thing for someone to find keys on the keyboard especially for the shift keys.
    – William
    Jan 7 '17 at 19:11

Most Korean people almost 99% they use 2-set Korean, it is equivalent to qwert type keyboard. Dvorak is not directly equivalent to 3-set Keyboard but it design for efficiency. However it takes time to get use to it, also it require extra step to setup most of time.

I believe most Korean people use 2-set with qwert keyboard. For fast typing they use specialized keyboard at the court.

속기자판 https://www.google.com/search?q=%EC%86%8D%EA%B8%B0%EC%9E%90%ED%8C%90&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjUi73JpLLRAhVlzIMKHY4TB9AQ_AUICCgB&biw=1858&bih=990

ref) http://moogi.new21.org/ngstype/faq8.htm

• What is the 2nd link for
    – William
    Jan 8 '17 at 16:57
  • so it does appear that someone else believes the same thing as you quora.com/…
    – William
    Jan 8 '17 at 17:05
  • 2nd links How to use Dvorak in Korean :)
    – tk0221
    Jan 8 '17 at 20:35

I'm sure you've seen that there numerous, Korean key layouts available. I only know "2-Set Korean". I would have only left a comment, but then I couldn't drop in this screenshot. All the Korean typing programs that I've seen use 2-Set Korean. But then again, I've never seen a Dvorak typing tutor (without argument, that is, perhaps because I haven't searched for one).

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.